Chicken Korma Recipe
In this recipe, I will share how to prepare Chicken Korma at Home. This is a very easy recipe to make chicken korma.
This recipe is best served with Garlic Naan and Pulao.
If you are a chicken lover, do try my other chicken recipes
- How to make Chicken Curry – Simplest Chicken Curry (Click on link)
- How to make Chicken Biryani – Chicken Biryani Recipe (Click for Recipe)
- How to make Chicken Afghani Tikka – Chicken Afghani Tikka Recipe (Click for Recipe)
- How to make Chicken Momos – Chicken Momo Recipe (Click for Recipe)
- How to make Naan Bread – Garlic Naan Bread Recipe (Click link)
Do try! If you like the recipe do share in comments below the post and let me know. In case you want to ask for substitutes for any ingredients just ask me via email or via comment.
Chicken Korma Recipe
- 1 kg Chicken cut into small pieces
- 4 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 250 grams Yoghurt tip- whisk curd before adding to the dish
- 4 medium size onion finely sliced
- 6-7 Almonds skin peeled
- 1.5 Teaspoon cumin powder
- 2.5 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 3 teaspoon Red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon Turmeric powder
- Salt To taste
- 5 tablespoon Ghee clarified butter
- Oil for deep frying onions
- 2 Bay leaves
- 4 Green cardamom break it
- 4 Cloves
- 1 inch Cinnamon stick
- 1 Black cardamom break it
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper seeds
In a pan heat oil and deep fry onions till golden brown. Take it out on tissue paper and keep it aside
Remove all the oil from pan and add ghee to the same pan let it warm.
Add chicken pieces, ginger garlic paste and fry till its golden brown.
Now add all the whole spices and fry it for another 3-4 minutes
Meanwhile, grind curd and brown onion in a paste
Add all the powdered spices, peeled almonds, salt to the chicken mix it well.
Now add onion yoghurt paste to chicken. Turn the flame to low cover the pan and cook it for 15 minutes. Keep stirring in every 5 minutes.( add water if gravy is too thick)
- Add water if gravy is too thick
- Serve it hot with naan or rice.