Chicken Momos Recipe
Momo Tibetan: མོག་མོག་, Wylie: mog mog; simplified Chinese: 馍馍; traditional Chinese: 饃饃; pinyin: mómo) is a type of South Asian dumpling; native to Tibet, Nepal, Bhutan, Sikkim state and Darjeeling district of India.
I am sharing my recipe of Momos which tastes better with my Tomato Chutney Recipe.
It is similar to Chinese baozi and jiaozi, Mongolian buuz, Japanese gyoza and Korean mandu.
Stuffing for Chicken Momos
- 300 gm Chicken (Minced)
- 100 gm Carrot (Finely Chopped)
- 2 Medium sized Onion (Finely Chopped)
- 2-3 Pieces Green chilies (Finely Chopped)
- 50 gm Coriander leaves (Finely Chopped)
- 0.5 tsp Garam masala
- 1 tsp Butter
- Salt To taste
- 1 Pc Egg
- 300 gm Refined flour
- 2 tsp Oil
- 0.25 tsp Salt
- Water as required
- To make the dough for momo, take flour,salt,oil in a mixing bowl and knead it with water , make a soft dough of it, cover it with wet cloth and keep it aside.
- In another bowl mix cabbage carrot onion with salt and after few minutes squeeze water out of it. Then add rest of the ingredients mix well and your momos stuffing is ready.
- Make small balls out of dough and roll it thin and round, keep a spoon of mixture in center of rolled sheet and bring edges together by twisting and sealing it.
- In a steamer steam the prepared momos for 10 to 15 minutes and serve it with tomato chilly hot chutney (see recipe for tomato chutney).