Chilly Chicken Recipe/ Chicken Chilly Indian Style Recipe
Chilly Chicken is an Indo-Chinese dish which pretty famous in India. I am sharing this easy to make chilly chicken recipe with you today. as the name suggests this dish is very hot and taste best with a lot of chillies but you can adjust the spice level according to your taste.
Photo credit – Sheetal Kaivallya
My awesome sister in law is a great photographer. Do check her other clicks at https://500px.com/sheetalk
If you are a chicken lover, do try my other chicken recipes
- How to make Chicken Curry – Simplest Chicken Curry (Click on link)
- How to make Chicken Korma – Chicken Korma Recipe (Click for Recipe)
- How to make Kadai Chicken – Kadai Chicken Recipe (Click link)
Do try! If you like the recipe do share in comments below the post and let me know. In case you want to ask for substitutes for any ingredients just ask me via email or via comment.
Chilly Chicken Recipe/ Chicken Chilly Indian Style
- 500 grams Chicken (boneless)
- 2 Medium sized Onion (cut into 1 inch cubes)
- 2 green chilly
- 250 grams bell pepper (red (green,yellow) or you can use just green one.)
- 2 teaspoon cornflour (mixed in 1/2 cup of water)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds (white)
- 1/2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon garlic (finely chopped)
- 1.5 teaspoon Ginger (finely chopped)
- 2 teaspoon light soy sauce
- 3-4 teaspoon chilly sauce (according to taste)
- 2 teaspoon vinegar
- 2 teaspoon tomato ketchup
- 2 teaspoon red chilly sauce
- 2 tablespoon sunflower oil
- Salt To taste
For marinating chicken
- 3 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 tablespoon Refined flour
- 1/4 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- Salt To taste
- Oil for deep frying
- In a mixing bowl take the chicken and add all the marinating spices and flours. Mix well and keep aside.
- Take a heavy bottom wok or pan, heat oil and deep fry the marinated chicken till its light golden brown. Take it out on the kitchen towel and keep aside.
- Deep fry bell peppers as-well for 20 seconds and keep it aside.
- Remove excess oil from the pan, add chopped ginger, garlic, sesame seeds and sauté for 20 seconds.
- Add onion cubes and sauté it on high flame for 1-2 minutes.
- Add fried bell peppers, all the sauce and mix well.
- Now add 1 cup of water and let it come to boil.( you can skip water if you want your chilly dry and cripsy)
- Add cornflour and mix well till you see the gravy start thicken.
- Now turn off the heat and add black pepper.
- Let it cool for 5 minuets then add fried chicken to the gravy mix well and your chicken chilly is ready to serve.
- Serve it hot as a starter.
- Garnish with fresh spring onions.