Fish Curry (Salmon Curry)
- Salmon – 500 grams
- Ginger garlic paste – 2 teaspoon
- Tomato – 1 medium size (grated)
- Coriander leaves- for garnishing
- Onion – 1 medium size finely chopped
- Green chilies- 2 pieces
- Tamarind water – 1/2 cup
- Cumin seeds- 1/2 teaspoon
- Fenugreek seeds- 1/4 teaspoon
- Black mustard seeds -1/2
- Cumin powder – 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder- 2.5 teaspoon
- Chilly powder- 1 teaspoon or according to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1 teaspoon
- Mustard oil – 5-6 tablespoons
- Curry leaves- 6-7
- Fennel seeds- 1/2 teaspoon crushed
- Salt to taste
- Clean salmon cut it into medium pieces.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon turmeric.
- Add Salt and mix it well. Set aside for 15 minutes for marinating.
- Add mustard oil in a pan (Mustard Oil can be replaced with sunflower oil).
- Fry it in mustard oil and keep it aside.
- In the same pan add some more oil if needed.
- Add mustard, cumin and fenugreek seeds.
- let it splutter, then add green chilies and chopped onions.
- Fry it till it’s golden brown add curry leaves.
- Add ginger garlic paste and fry it for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add all powder spices, grated tomato. Fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add tamarind juice and 2 cups of water. Let it boil for 4-5 minutes.
- Add salt and fried salmon to the gravy and let it boil for few more minutes on low flame. Garnish it with coriander leaves; serve it with rice or chapatti.
If you like the recipe, do share your comments.
Author – in2cooking.com
(Visited 14 times, 1 visits today)