Kadai Chicken Recipe | Kadai Murg Dhaba Style Recipe
Today I am sharing the recipe on how to prepare Kadai Chicken at Home. This is a very easy recipe to make Kadai Murg Dhaba Style. This is a very popular and unique recipe form the northern part of India. It is very rich and spicy. The gravy is made using minced chicken which makes this recipe unique.
This my special Kadai Chicken /Murg Kadai curry recipe which is very easy to make and so delicious.
This recipe is great with Garlic Naan and Pulao.
If you are a chicken lover, do try my other chicken recipes
- How to make Chicken Curry – Simplest Chicken Curry (Click on link)
- How to make Chicken Korma – Chicken Korma Recipe (Click for Recipe)
- How to make Chicken Biryani – Chicken Biryani Recipe (Click for Recipe)
- How to make Chicken Afghani Tikka – Chicken Afghani Tikka Recipe (Click for Recipe)
- How to make Chicken Momos – Chicken Momo Recipe (Click for Recipe)
- How to make Naan Bread – Garlic Naan Bread Recipe (Click link)
Do try! If you like the recipe do share in comments below the post and let me know. In case you want to ask for substitutes for any ingredients just ask me via email or via comment.
Kadai Chicken Recipe | Murg Kadai Curry Recipe
- 1 kg Chicken with bone
- 2 Medium sized Onion
- 300 grams Tomato peeled
- 1 pod garlic crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Cumin
- 2 teaspoon Ginger-Garlic finely chopped
- 200 grams yoghurt/curd
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Red chilly powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon kasoori methi fenugreek leaves
- 4 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2-3 tablespoon fresh cream
- 1 teaspoon meat masala optional
- Salt To taste
For dry roast masala -Dry roast all these masala and grind coarsely
- 1/2 teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Seeds
- 2-3 whole red chilly
- 2 teaspoon Coriander seeds
For garnishing - Fry it in oil for 1-2 minutes and save it for later
- 1 medium Onion cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 medium small bell pepper cut into 1 inch cubes
Marinate chicken in salt, turmeric and yoghurt for 1/2 hour.
Heat oil in a pan. Add crushed garlic, cumin and finely chopped ginger garlic and let it splutter.
Add marinated chicken and fry it for 15 minutes until the chicken gets golden colour from both sides. Take it out.
Now in the same pan, add chopped onions and fry it for 10 minutes (Add oil if needed).
Now add peeled tomatoes and cook it for another 5 minutes.
Add kasoori methi, chilly powder and dry roasted crushed masala to the pan and cook it for another 2-3 minutes.
Now add fried chicken and mix well.
Add 1 cup of water and cover it with a lid. Cook it on the medium flame for 6-7 minutes.
Now add garam masala, fresh cream and again cover and cook it for another 5 minutes.
Add fried bell peppers and onion for garnishing.
Turn off the flame and your Kadai Chicken is ready to serve with naan, rice, chapati.
You can use unsweetened canned tomatoes as well.