Kadai Paneer Recipe
I am adding my recipe for Kadai Paneer which is a famous vegetarian dish from the Indian subcontinent. Do try and let me know your comments.
You can see my recipe for making Paneer at home at the following link.
Paneer is a fresh cheese common in South Asia, especially in Indian cuisines. It is an unaged, acid-set, non-melting farmer cheese or curd cheese made by curdling heated milk with lemon juice, vinegar, or any other food acids. It’s crumbly and moist form is called chhena in eastern India.
Prep Time 20 minutes
Cook Time 30 minutes
Total Time 50 minutes
Servings 4 people
- 250 gram Paneer
- 2 Medium sized Onions Finely Chopped
- 3 Pieces Tomatoes puréed
- 1.5 Teaspoon Ginger-Garlic paste
- 3 Tablespoon Oil
- 1 Medium sized Capsicum Cut in to I inch pieces
- 1 Medium sized Red onion Cut in to I inch pieces
- 1 Teaspoon Ginger Finely sliced
- 1 Teaspoon Red chilly powder (Adjust as per taste)
- 2 Teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Turmeric powder
- 1 Teaspoon Fennel seeds crushed
- 1 Teaspoon Coriander seeds crushed
- 1 pc Red chilly crushed (optional)
- 8-10 Pc Cashew soaked in warm water
- Salt To taste
- 1/2 Teaspoon Garam masala
- Coriander leaves for garnish
Put oil in a nonstick pan and add onions. Fry onions till it turns golden brown.
Add ginger garlic paste and fry for another 2-3 minutes. Now add tomato purée and salt to taste, cover it with a lid for next 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, make fine cashew paste by adding milk into it.
Remove the lid from the pan fry the mixture till you see oil being separated for the gravy then add all the spices except garam masala and fry it for another 3-4 minutes.
Now add red onion cubes, capsicum cubes and cashew paste to the mixture and fry it for another 2-3minutes.
Now add paneer cubes to the gravy and mix it well.
Add garam masala and coriander leaves.
If needed add water to adjust gravy consistency. Let it cook on low flame for few more minutes.
Recipe NotesGarnish it with ginger slices and serve it hot. You can serve it with chapati, rice or naan.
(Visited 10 times, 1 visits today)