During this auspicious time of Navratri, I am adding my recipe to make delicious Malpuwa.
Malpua is a pancake served as a dessert or a snack originating from the Indian subcontinent.
Ingredients for Malpuwa
- 2 Cup Refined flour
- 2 Cup Milk (Full fat)
- 3 Tablespoon Ghee ((Clarified Butter))
- 2 Teaspoon Fennel seeds
- 1/2 Teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 8-9 pc Cashew (cut into small pieces)
- 3-4 Teaspoon Raisins
- 1/2 Cup Khoya ((dried whole milk))
- Sunflower oil or ghee (for deep frying)
For making chashni (Sugar Syrup)
- 2 Cup Water
- 3 Cup Sugar
- 1/4 Teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1 Teaspoon Gulab jal ((Rose essence))
- In a big utensil take refined flour, milk, fennel seeds, khoya, dry fruits, ghee cardamom powder and mix it till it turns into smooth batter ( adjust the consistency of batter by adding more milk if you find it thick)
- In a separate utensil add water sugar and boil it until one string consistency then after remove it from flame and add cardamom powder and Gulab Jal.
- In a pan add ghee or sunflower oil let it warm for 7-8 minutes on medium-high flame.
- Using a big serving spoon pour the batter in small amounts in hot oil and fry till Mapuwa is golden brown.
- Take it out of the oil and dip it into sugar syrup for 2-3 minutes and serve lip-smacking Malpuwa.
I will add separate recipe to make ‘Khoya’ soon.
(Visited 20 times, 1 visits today)