Matar Paneer Recipe
Matar Paneer is a very famous recipe in the northern part of Indian subcontinent. Matar paneer recipe is quite often prepared at home and server for lunch or dinner. I am sharing a simple and easy recipe for Matar paneer with a homely touch. Most important ingredient for Matar Paneer recipe is paneer and you can find the recipe in my blog by clicking this link.
Matar Paneer goes well with Paranthas, Chapati or even Rice. Do try and share your comments.
Matar Paneer Recipe
Please see my recipe for making paneer at home at following link – http://in2cooking.com/paneer/
- 250 grams paneer (cottage cheese)
- 250 grams green peas (boiled)
- 75 grams khoya (evaporated milk)
- 100 grams fresh cream
- 2 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 medium Tomato (puréed)
- 2 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
- 1.5 teaspoon dried fenugreek leaves
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 pc bayleaves
- 1-2 pc red chilly (dried whole )
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 2.5 teaspoon coriander powder
- 2 teaspoon red chilly power
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Salt to taste
- 5 tablespoon ghee (clarified butter or you can use sunflower oil instead of ghee)
- Heat oil in the pan.
- On high flame first, fry paneer cubes just to give a golden colour to paneer ( don’t overcook paneer or else it will become stiff).
- Take it out on Kitchen towel and keep it aside.
- Now add bay leaves, cumin seeds and red chilly in the pan for tempering.
- Now add ginger garlic paste and cook it till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped onions and fry it till its golden brown.
- Now add all the powder spices and salt except garam masala and chopped tomatoes to the pan and keep cooking till oil separates from the pan.
- Add khoya, boiled green peas and fry it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now add 1 cup of water to the gravy and let it come to boil.
- Add fried paneer cubes, fresh cream, fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi) garam masala and let it cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Turn off the flame and your Matar paneer is ready to serve.