Paneer (Indian Cheese)
Paneer is fresh cheese common in South Asia, especially in Indian cuisines. Paneer is a very rich source of protein and is very easy to digest.
I am adding a simple process to prepare paneer at home. you just need some and Lemon juice and you are ready to go. This can be used with my Kadhai Paneer Recipe. I have also added the video of the entire process.
- Fresh Full fat milk – 3 ltr
- Lemon juice – 5 -6 tablespoons or 2 lemons.
- Pour milk in a large utensil and start boiling.
- When it starts boiling, turn the heat to the lowest and slowly add lemon juice in it.
- Stir it for few minutes and you will see milk start curdling.
- Turn the flame off and pour the curdled milk into a pan over cheese cloth.
- Put the paneer under running water to get rid of the lemon smell and (wrap in the cloth properly so that cheese doesn’t leak when kept under weight).
- Keep some weight over paneer for 2-3 hours to set.
- Take it out of cloth and your paneer is ready to use.
This can be stored in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
If you like the recipe, do share your comments.
Author – in2cooking.com
Kadhai Paneer Recipe – http://in2cooking.com/kadhai-paneer-easy-way/