Rasgulla Recipe | Rosgulla Recipe
I am sharing the recipe to make Rasgulla today. Rasgulla is a syrupy dessert popular in the Indian subcontinent and regions with the South Asian diaspora. It is made from ball-shaped dumplings of chhena (an Indian cottage cheese) and semolina dough, cooked in a light syrup made of sugar. This is done until the syrup permeates the dumplings. Most important ingredient for this recipe is paneer and you can find the recipe in my blog by clicking this link.
Rasgulla or rasogulla is famous authentic dessert of India
- 250 grams paneer ( see my recipe of making paneer )
- 1 tablespoon semolina
- 1/4 teaspoon cardamom powder
- 1/8 teaspoon saffron (optional)
- 750 grams sugar
- 3 liters water
- In a big utensil add water and sugar.
- Boil it till sugar dissolves.
- Meanwhile, in a big plate knead paneer with the help of your palm for 4-5 minutes . Add semolina and again knead it for 1-2 minuets.
- Make small balls out of paneer dough.
- Now add all the balls in boiling sugar syrup. Cover it with a lid and let it boil for 20 minuets on high flame . It will puff to double size.Turn off the flame add saffron and let it rest for 18-20 hours.
- Your rasgulla is ready to serve.
You can store it in refrigerator for 4-5 days.