Simplest Chicken Curry
Instant chicken curry recipe for those who don’t know anything about cooking.
Easy to make yet so delicious!!!
- Chicken-1kg skinless cleaned
- Onion – 750 grams cut into slices
- Ginger paste- 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic paste-1.5 Teapoon
- Green chilies- 1 slit into two
- Cumin seeds -1 tea spoon
- Curd – 100 grams
- Bay leaf -2pc
- Black pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder -1/2 teaspoon
- Chilli powder- 1/2 teaspoon (if you like it less hot then you can decrease the amount of chilly into 1/4)
- Cumin powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard oil preferred or you can use sunflower oil /olive oil 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Adding a small tomato will thicken the gravy – up to taste!
Take a big bowl add curd/yogurt, Ginger garlic paste , powdered spices, onion and chicken and mix it well keep it aside for 15 to 30 minutes
Take a deep bottom pan add oil let it warm add bay leaf, cumin, black pepper seeds, after that add the chicken mix with all the spices, stir it on high flame for 5 minutes add salt put the flame on low cover it with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes after that remove the lid add water if needed and let it cook for another 15-20 minutes remove the lid fry the chicken till it starts leaving oil then add 3 cups of water let it boil put it on low flame for another 5 minutes garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with rice or chapatti.