Simplest Chicken Curry
Instant chicken curry recipe for those who don’t know anything about cooking.
Easy to make yet so delicious!!!
- Chicken-1kg skinless cleaned
- Onion – 750 grams cut into slices
- Ginger paste- 1 Teaspoon
- Garlic paste-1.5 Teapoon
- Green chilies- 1 slit into two
- Cumin seeds -1 tea spoon
- Curd – 100 grams
- Bay leaf -2pc
- Black pepper- 1/2 teaspoon
- Turmeric powder -1/2 teaspoon
- Chilli powder- 1/2 teaspoon (if you like it less hot then you can decrease the amount of chilly into 1/4)
- Cumin powder- 1/2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder-2 teaspoon
- Garam masala powder-1/2 teaspoon
- Mustard oil preferred or you can use sunflower oil /olive oil 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Salt to taste
- Adding a small tomato will thicken the gravy – up to taste!
Take a big bowl add curd/yogurt, Ginger garlic paste , powdered spices, onion and chicken and mix it well keep it aside for 15 to 30 minutes
- Take a deep bottom pan add oil let it warm.
- Add bay leaf, cumin, black pepper seeds and let it crackle.
- Now add the chicken mix with all the spices, stir it on high flame for 5 minutes.
- Now add salt and put the flame on low. Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Now remove the lid and add water if needed and let it cook for another 15-20 minutes.
- Afterwards remove the lid fry the chicken till it starts leaving oil and then add 3 cups of water. let it boil.
- Put it on low flame for another 5 minutes.Your curry is ready!
- Garnish it with coriander leaves and serve it with rice or chapatti.