Tandoori Chicken (Grilled Chicken)
Tandoori chicken is chicken prepared as food by roasting, yogurt, and spice marinated chicken, in a tandoor, a cylindrical clay oven. It is a popular dish originating from the Indian subcontinent.
Turn on captions in below video to see annotations.
- Chicken- 1 kg skinless
- Hung curd/yogurt – 200 grams
- ginger garlic paste – 3 teaspoon
- Tandoori masala – 2 teaspoon ( check recipe)
- Chilly powder- 3 tablespoons or according to taste
- Turmeric powder- 1/4 teaspoon
- Cumin powder- 2 teaspoon
- Coriander powder 3 teaspoon
- Fenugreek leaves (Kasuri methi) – 1 1/2 teaspoon crushed
- Garam masala – 1 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon juice- 5 tablespoons
- Mustard oil – 1/2 teaspoon
- Gram flour – 1teaspoon
Take chicken and slit it all over with a sharp knife. Take lemon juice, red chilly powder, turmeric powder, chicken in a bowl mix it well cover it and keep it aside for 1/2 an hour
In a clean bowl take hung curd, ginger garlic paste, cumin powder, coriander powder, tandoori masala, Kasuri methi, gram flour mustard oil and garam masala mix it well now add first marinated chicken into this marination and keep it aside for another 4-5 hours
Preheat your oven on 220-degree Celsius, (add salt into the marinated chicken just before cooking, it will keep your chicken juicy. ) and cook the chicken for 20-25 minutes. turn the chicken after 10 minutes. Take it out of the oven when it’s cooked (cooking time always depends on oven type, so stay alert while making it for the first time )
Serve it warm with mint chutney and onion rings.
Author – http://in2cooking.com/